- CWDF 25-year Celebration, 22nd June 2018: Here are the details of the celebratory event we are holding. Please RSVP to Ann McCarthy, preferably by Friday 15th June:
- Annual Report, April 2018: Here is the annual review prepared by CWDF Chair Terry Green and received at the AGM held on Tuesday 8th May 2018. CWDF Annual Report April 2018
- The work of Amnesty International: Note of talk given at the March Forum meeting by Mike Johnson, chair of the Chester & Wrexham Group of Amnesty International: Mike Johnson talk 13-3-18
- Fairtrade Fortnight in Chester: “Come on In!”
A couple of important events coming up in Chester to celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight 2018:
- Climate Change, Displacement – Christian Aid’s key campaigns for 2018: Note of a talk given to the January 2018 Forum meeting by Sarah Rowe, CA’s Campaigns Strategy Lead. Sarah Rowe talk 9-1-18
- “Fracking, not welcome here – or anywhere”: Here is a note of the very informative talk by Colin Watson, given to the Forum meeting on 14th November 2017: Fracking 14-11-17 And here is Colin’s edited version of his PowerPoint presentation: Fracking pptx
- Christian Aid’s “Big Shift” Campaign: On Thursday 26th October 2017, Forum members joined forces with Christian Aid members to take “Prudence Pig” to the Chester branches of the main banks. This was all in support of the CA campaign for the banks to put more of “our” money away from fossil fuel ventures and into renewables. For more about the “Big Shift” campaign go to … www.christianaid.org.uk/campaigns/climate-change/the-big-shift
…. and here are the photos Prudence Pig at four of the Chester banks [click for full size]:
- CWDF Forum, Tuesday 12th September 2017: the start of our 25th Year! We’d love to see you there …
- CWDF AGM 2017: This was held on 9th May 2017. Click here to view the Annual Report that was presented at that meeting. And click here to view a PDF version of the PowerPoint presentation “CWDF Sustainable Futures” that a group of University of Chester students showed at the AGM. The students had been commissioned to look at the operation of the Forum and to make recommendations on how it might make its membership broader and more sustainable.
- Talk by Stephen Twigg MP: Here is the note of the talk by Stephen Twigg MP, given in the Binks Building, University of Chester on 7th October 2016. The talk was on the work of the Commons Select Committee on International Development, which Stephen chairs.
- CWDF AGM 2016: The Forum’s AGM was held at The Unity Centre on 10th May. Click here to view the Annual Report that was presented, outlining the activities of the Forum over the previous 12 months:
- The Paris Agreement: Here is our note of the talk given by Rob Elsworth of CAFOD on 2nd February 2016, to a joint meeting of CWDF and the University of Chester’s Department of Geography and International Development: Note of Rob Elsworth talk 2-2-16 And here is the link to the pdf version of Rob’s full PowerPoint presentation: COP21_Chester_Event_020116
- Global Migration talk 20-10-15: Here is the PowerPoint presentation given by Paul Tacon to students and Forum members: Chester-migration-lecture-20-10-15
- CWDF Forum 8-9-15: Here is the PowerPoint presentation given by Gill Miller about the “Sustainable Development Goals” which UN teams are working on to succeed the Millennium Development Goals – and which are due for consideration at the Summit in New York, 25-27th September 2015: CWDF Post 2015 agenda Here are the notes to accompany the PowerPoint: Notes on SDG slides And here is a summary note incorporating a selection of the slides: Report of Gill Miller’s presentation 8-9-15
- CWDF Forum 14-7-15: Stephen Maund gave a very interesting presentation about the work of the charity RIPPLE Africa in Malawi. Here you can view the PDF version of Stephen’s PowerPoint presentation: RIPPLE Powerpoint
- CWDF AGM 2015: The Forum’s AGM was held at The Unity Centre on 12th May. Click on the image to view the Annual Report that was presented, outlining the activities of the Forum over the previous 12 months:
- “Food Matters!” This one-day conference, held on 16th November 2013, was the Forum’s key event of 2013. It was jointly organised by CWDF and the University of Chester’s Department of Geography and Development Studies, and held in the Best Building on the University’s Chester Campus, Parkgate Road. The Day explored the issues and responses to food insecurity in the developing world, featuring keynote speaker Patrick Mulvany and a choice of two from four workshops led by Action Aid, CAFOD, Christian Aid, and Oxfam. Here is the Summary Report of the proceedings.
Go to the Gallery page of the website for a selection of photos from the “Food Matters” day. The Forum meeting, Tuesday 10th December, included further thoughts on some of the issues raised in the discussions, and those the Forum should aim to follow through in 2014.